Monday, September 6, 2010

Visiting Big Bend National Park and Terlingua While Getting Hot Hiking & BBQing Labor Day Hot Dogs

After swimming in the almost cool pool this morning I took a virtual trip to Big Bend National Park and Terlingua.

In 2 months, in November, the International Chili Championship takes place in the former ghost town of Terlingua. Terlingua is the Chili Capital of the World, ordained as such by those who ordain such things.

By the time I was done with Big Bend and Terlingua it was time to get out of here and do some laboring on Labor Day.

I decided to labor up and down the Tandy Hills. The air was heated only to the mid-80s. A good wind was blowing. But, somehow I managed to experience the hills like it was 110.

In other words, hiking on Labor Day turned me into a sweaty, wet mess.

I was dried up by the time I got back here to barbecue my Labor Day hot dogs, well, more precisely, Labor Day Polish Kielbasa.

No comments: