Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Up Early In Texas Gazing Skyward At Orion & Earthward At A Hot Tub

The night sky was dark and clear when I looked upward from my patio this Tuesday morning of September 14. The Orion Constellation, something I have not seen in years, was clearly overhead.

I aimed my camera skyward and zoomed in to the max on Orion. My feeble photographic skills, or my camera's feeble abilities, were not sufficient to capture Orion.

So, I backed off the zoom a bit and aimed the camera earthward, towards the hottub.

The sun has now arrived and is in the process of lighting up the place. Which means I will be heading towards that hot tub shortly.

The birds are not doing their usual early morning tweet and greet when the sun arrives. This may be a bad omen of a bad day to be. We'll see.

No comments: