Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pantego Bible Church Blocks Traffic

Here in Texas, in the Buckle of the Bible Belt, there are a lot of churches. Many of them are Mega-Churches, these huge complexes that might have their own football field, gymnasium, airport, school and a humongous space to hold church services.

There is a Mini-Mega Church in my neighborhood. It is called Pantego Bible Church. If Pantego Bible Church were up in my old home state of Washington the locals would think it was a Mega-Church, but here in Texas they grow churches way bigger than Pantego Bible Church.

Pantego Bible Church is on the way to my neighborhood Super Wal-Mart. I made the mistake of heading that way just as Pantego Bible Church was done for the day.

So, as I headed east towards Wal-Mart a Fort Worth Policeman stopped traffic, as in me, to let Pantego Bible Church people slowly meander out onto the public highway. A few cars lined up behind me. After a few minutes the Fort Worth Policeman let us continue, because there were no more cars coming out of the Pantego Bible Church at that time.

20 minutes later I was done with Wal-Mart and back on the same public highway, heading west. The Fort Worth Policeman was still stopping people on the public highway so Pantego Bible Church people could easily leave their Mini-Mega-Church. As I passed by the Fort Worth Policeman he had at least 15 vehicles backed up while the Pantego Bible Church people continued their slow-paced evacuation from the Pantego Bible Church grounds.

I know this type thing is not a Texas-only deal. My sister in Phoenix complained about experiencing the same thing. I don't see how the Pantego Bible Church can use a Fort Worth Policeman to make it more convenient for the Pantego Bible Church goers at the inconvenience of drivers using the public highway.

There is not a lot of traffic on the road in question. The Pantego Bible Church goers could easily simply stop and go when there is no oncoming traffic. It would seem the Pantego Bible Churchgoers might exit a bit less leisurely if they were not being afforded the luxury of a Fort Worth Policeman blocking traffic for them.

That's my Sunday Sermon for this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're in too much of a hurry, my friend. Why don't you come on in and visit us next Sunday then you'll be the one on the receiving end of the Fort Worth Police help. A couple of weeks ago there were no cops at that exit and it was really difficult to get out onto the highway. Hey, have a good week!
Suzy