Friday, October 10, 2008

Chesapeake Energy's Propaganda Artists

Every time I blog something and mention Chesapeake Energy, within a very short time, I start seeing blog readers pop up from Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City is where Chesapeake Energy is based.

Shortly after I see readers pop up from Oklahoma City I often receive comments that seem rather obviously to have originated from Chesapeake Energy shills.

Now, Chesapeake Energy used to be more ham-handed about this, using the same boilerplate blog comment response on various blogs. Like their long comment suggesting I was an Archie Bunker stuck in the 70s. Texas Sharon and who knows how many others got that same comment.

Chesapeake Energy seems to have figured out that this was backfiring on them because we used their over the top comments to make fun of them.

So, Chesapeake Energy's shills seem to have adopted a new tactic. But it needs some fine tuning.

Yesterday I blogged about Chesapeake Energy's destruction of part of the Tandy Hills. Soon after that I got the following comments.

First, from the ubiquitous Anonymous....

is someone bitter about not getting a royalty check?

Second, from wolfcry44...

looks beautiful to me

Note how both comments are in the exact same style. No capitals. One short pithy sentence.

Now, Chesapeake, I know you can do better than this. Let's put better effort into it. I'll surely share whatever you come up with....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your anger has blinded you to the truth.. I am a retiree living in maryland not a chesapeake shill

Durango said...

Easy to say, hard to prove. It might help if your blogspot profile was set to view. But then again, even then you could say you're from Maryland. While actually in Oklahoma City. I've never known one of retiree age to write in the teenster fashion of using no capitals or punctuation.

And, I am neither angry or blind.