Sunday, May 8, 2016

Suspense On A Wichita River Suspension Bridge

Walking from Lucy Park on the Circle Trail which leads to Wichita Falls in Wichita Falls I came upon that which you see here.

A suspension bridge across the Wichita River.

I have long been a fan of rickety old-fashioned suspension bridges with well weathered wooden planks.

This particular suspension bridge  over the Wichita River may have been the best I've ever swayed on.

I know I can not remember a better one.

Some people were scared to set foot on this bridge, sort of frozen in fear at the entry. I found that amusing. That and their horrified looks when I got the bridge swaying and rocking and rolling.

Wichita Falls and the Wichita River seem to have way less litter than that other location in Texas where I was regularly appalled by the astonishing amount of litter blowing in the wind and floating in the river.

Yesterday I saw big fish jumping in the Wichita River. And people fishing. An no signs warning that the fish are not fit for human consumption.

Below is video of my suspension bridge trek over the Wichita River....

No comments: