Monday, April 6, 2009

National Weather Service Freeze Warning for North Texas Tonight

I have not done as much shivering, as I've done this morning, since I spent an entire unfortunate month shivering in Tacoma last summer. I think it was Mark Twain who said the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer in Tacoma. I may have the city wrong.

It was 37 when I headed down to the pool this morning, with the wind chill factor making it feel like 32. I did not think the pool would be doable and figured I'd quickly retreat to the hot tub.

I was wrong. The pool was a lot warmer than the air. I swam for about a half an hour. I think this must have lowered my body temperature a lot, chilling me to my inner core, because it is now an hour later and I am COLD.

The National Weather Service has issued a Freeze Warning for North Texas for tonight. I don't know how all the fragile looking wildflowers handle a freeze. Do they wilt and die? I don't know. Is this an unusually late freeze in North Texas? Again, I don't know.

All I know for sure is I am COLD.

1 comment:

twister said...

San Francisco!...wait nevermind.