Saturday, June 5, 2021

Hoping To Overcome My Wichita Falls Grand Buffet Phobia


 I saw that which you see above, last night, on Facebook. The Grand Buffet-Wichita Falls announcing "Our Dining Room is now OPEN!"

This announcement seemed to be, to me, a bit out of sync with observed reality.

The Grand Buffet is on Kemp Boulevard. I drive by its location frequently. It is about a half mile distant from my abode.

For months I have been surprised to see the Grand Buffet's parking lot being home to a lot of vehicles, and have seen people entering the restaurant's entry.

Seeing such had me wondering how one does a buffet during these troubling pandemic times.

I have long had a neurotic paranoid obsession when it comes to buffets. No matter where the buffet is located. Texas,  California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, or my old home zone.

The idea of sharing a food scooping device with strangers has long unsettled me. So, before I subject myself to a buffet line I arm myself with napkins to wrap around the food scooping devices. I have long wondered why it were not the case, and wished it were reality, that prior to going through a buffet line, the buffet provided disposable gloves to the buffeteers.

I see, via the screencap above, that the Grand Buffet post on Facebook was a video.

I did not make note of that fact, and thus did not click on the video.

Maybe the video explained what virus spread prevention measures are in place, if any...

No comments: