Sunday, August 4, 2019

Reptile Dodging Alligator Alley On Wichita Falls Wee-Chi-Tah Trail

Til yesterday it had been several years since I have mountain biked on an actual mountain bike trail.

At my former DFW location there were multiple mountain bike trails within a reasonably short distance of my home location.

At my current home location in Wichita Falls, as far as I know, there is only one mountain bike trail within a reasonable distance of my home location.

That being the Wee-Chi-Tah Trail.

One can access the Wee-Chi-Tah Trail from multiple access points. My access point, yesterday, was via Lucy Park, crossing the suspension bridge across the Wichita River to the location you see photo documented above, that being the ALLIGATOR ALLEY section of the Wee-Chi-Tah Trail.

I saw no alligators lurking on this trail section. I do not think it likely that alligators venture as far as Wichita Falls. But, I suppose it is possible, what with alligators known to be frequent visitors in the DFW zone, which is only a little over a hundred miles to the southeast.

On my regular Circle Trail type bike rides I don't bother wearing a bike helmet. On a mountain bike trail I feel the need to be helmeted.

I need to get myself a better, more comfortable, bike helmet, by the next time I dodge alligators on a mountain bike trail...

No comments: