Sunday, September 2, 2018

First September Sunday Summit On Mount Wichita

This first September Sunday my bike decided to roll me around Mount Wichita.

That is about a 12 mile roll.

It has been awhile since I have seen any mountain climbers climbing to the summit of Mount Wichita.

Today I saw four mountain climbers, well, three and one mountain crawler.

The outer world air is a bit too HOT this time of year for pleasant mountain climbing, but on this second day of September a semi-cold front has come to town, dropping the temperature into the 80s, with some big clouds doing some sun blocking.

Mount Wichita is looking as if it could use a little rain, well, actually, a lot of rain. I think we are back in drought mode again in the Wichita Falls zone known as Texoma.

Texoma is a clever combo of Texas and Oklahoma. I do not know the parameters of the Texoma zone, if Wichita Falls in Texas is the southern border of Texoma, with Lawton in Oklahoma being the northern border, or what. And I have no clue where the east and west border of Texoma is.

I do know there is a big lake called Texoma over 100 miles to the east of Wichita Falls. I have no idea if Lake Texoma is in Texoma, or not...

No comments: