Saturday, September 19, 2009

Magic Mushrooms Sprouting In Texas

All previous years during my exile in Texas, by this time of the summer, most everything on the ground is brown. This year green remains the dominant color, as you can see in the picture, looking at a field of grass, today, at Oakland Lake Park.

Saturday started off with sad news when I learned that one of my all time favorite people's dad had died. It had only been discovered around Labor Day that cancer had invaded his liver and pancreas. And now less than 2 weeks later cancer has won yet one more battle in its war against humanity.

In the past few months I've learned of way too many sad things. I call it Facebook Syndrome.

I did not get up til past 7 this morning. It was in the 60s overnight. The water in the pool bordered on being cold. I liked it.

Tootsie Tonasket called me around noon and entertained me while I walked around Oakland Lake Park, including when I took the picture you see above of some giant mushrooms that sprang to life recently in our very damp climate. I don't know if these are edible mushrooms, so I did not eat one.

I'm off to Arlington in a bit, to some event at some new park near the city center of Arlington. I forget the name of the park. Music is involved. Details to follow, with pictures, should the event warrant it.

No comments: