Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The First Day Of Fall In Wet Texas

The Autumnal Equinox has fallen upon us with a vengeance here in my zone of North Texas. Fall was ushered in last night with a short Lightning Show, accompanied by wind and rain. No hail that I noticed.

In the picture you are looking at my 9 in the morning view, in Texas, of a rainy first day of Fall. We are looking south towards the 820 and 30 freeways. It is convenient to live real close to a freeway entry. In Washington I lived about 3 miles from the closest freeway entry.

This first day of Fall in Texas is reminding me very much of a stereotypical Winter day in Western Washington. I don't miss Winter in Western Washington. Except, now that I am thinking about it, I do miss going up in the mountains to go cross country skiing. I have been on my cross country skis in Texas during a rare snowstorm or two. But, the skis did not work too well on Texas snow and puny hills.

No comments: