Thursday, September 3, 2009

For The First Time In My Life I May Win Something

I have never been a very good game player. Except for Monopoly. Since January the Scrabble Queen of Washington, aka SQW, has beaten me at a lot of Scrabble games.

Over that period of time I've learned that taking a Scrabble break is good brain exercise. I think figuring out Scrabble words must use the same side of the brain as doing math. I am not good at math.

Over time I've found by not trying to think too hard about it and just slightly pondering it, a word will pop up, usually quite quickly.

And now, today, in one of 2 games being currently played, SQU, aka Miss Karen, has conceded, saying unless I mess up real bad I'll be winning the game you see in the picture.

I do not know how I am going to celebrate. But this is huge. If I do win this Scrabble game it will mark the first time I've ever won anything. This is a momentous, possibly life changing event.

I don't know when I've been happier.

No comments: