Saturday, September 12, 2009

Heavy Rains Bring Floods To Texas While I Make Chili

That is the rainy view through my windshield during a rainy run for rations at Wal-Mart. I actually had the heat lever moved into the red zone for the first time in a long time.

Due to this sudden winter type weather, as in it is only 69 out there at 10 Saturday morning, I decided I wanted to make chili, hence the Wal-Mart trip.

It was not much colder than it is currently when I went swimming in the rain this morning.

I have not heard from the Haltom City Fossil Creek flood monitor this morning. I imagine she had a long night of creek watching. The bad weather canceled some Friday night Texas high school football games.

I don't know if today's bad weather has led to the cancellation of the 9/12 protest march and rally in downtown Fort Worth. I think it starts at 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Maybe it will dry up by then. We are under a Flash Flood Watch til Sunday.

South of here, flooding shut down Interstate 35 between Austin and Salado for a few hours. South of here got way more rain than we have, so far.

Obviously there will be no regularly scheduled Saturday Tandy Hills hike today. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Just checked the chili. It's done. Turned out well. Come over for lunch.

No comments: