Thursday, May 29, 2008

Something Actually Funny From The Fort Worth Star-Telegram

This afternoon I came across something amusing. And it is from a source where I've seldom found them being intentionally amusing, that being the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Well. Unbeknownst to me, the Star-Telegram has been running this little weekly video show on their website called DaFoWo Show. As in Dallas Forth Worth Show.

I tried to embed the video from this week, but that source code did not work. It's pretty funny, with one section tracking Fort Worth's current Gaydometer Reading. And another showing one of my kind, a hapless Northerner, coping with the Texas heat. You can view the video I could not embed at the Star-Telegram website by going here. I don't know how long it will be viewable til replaced by the next week's video.

I found an episode from a month or so ago, on YouTube that I am able to embed below. It's not quite as amusing as the current week's episode, but it's still pretty funny in a couple places.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something in the Star-Telegram actually did some semi-witty tweaking of Fort Worth? How did this happen?

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Not only did the Star-Telegram do some semi-witty tweaking, but Durango Texas actually spoke favorably about it.

What's next? Becoming a Cowboy Fan?

Durango said...

I don't see that happening. Becoming a Cowboy fan, I mean. Mainly because I don't get what it is that is entertaining about watching a bunch of grown men in funny looking costumes playing with an oddly shaped ball. But, even though I find football boring, soccer is even worse. How is that the world's most popular sport?