Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Fremont Solstice Naked Bike Parade

Yesterday or the day before I mentioned how things are a bit different up in Seattle than here in the D/FW Metroplex.

The Independent Republic of Fremont, in Seattle, has an annual event to celebrate the summer solstice.

Part of this event is a bike ride. Where bike riders are in various states of undress. This has been going on for 20 years and each year it's bigger than the year before.

I have never watched the Fremont Solstice Parade. I have been to Fremont. It's like visiting the former Soviet Union. Complete with statues of Lenin.

Below is video of last year's Fremont Solstice Naked Bike Parade. This year's parade is just a bit more than a month from now. In case you wanna go.

2 comments:

Gar said...

I can't believe you would post such a thing on a website with Texas anywhere in the title. You will probably be deported to a place where you can patiently await your trip to Hell without the possibility of injuring any more of our feeble morality.

If I flew up to Fremont would they rent me a large bicycle? I'm insecure.

Durango said...

It won't be the first time I've been deported.

Fremont is within walking distance of Green Lake. Looking at your online profile I see you've overnighted at Green Lake. There are several bike shops by Green Lake, all of which will rent you a bike of sufficient size for your special needs.

I can't help you with your insecurity issues. Just use a lot of strategically placed paint and grin and bare it.