Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hurricane Hermine's Remnants Continue To Drop Rain, Now With Possible Tornado Action

A few minutes ago Hurricane Hermine dropped another downpour. I tried to step out on my patio to take a picture, but an umbrella was needed, so I got my handy dandy Popabrella device.

It's been a few years since I made the Popabrella website. The Popabrella people should have been in Seattle over Labor Day Weekend, at Bumbershoot. They'd likely sell a lot of Popabrellas at Bumbershoot.

As you can see via my Popabrella enabled picture, it is being quite stormy.

This stormy stuff may get worse. While the most recent downpour was pouring down at its hardest WeatherBug started chirping with a Weather Alert. The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Watch until 8pm this evening.

Hermine has brought no Thunderstorm with it, so far. In previous Tornado Alert times in Texas it seems as if lightning is usually involved. And a lot of wind. It has not been at all windy today.

Was Hermine a boy or a girl hurricane? I'd not heard the name Hermine before.

4 comments:

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

You've not heard of Hermine Gingold before?? She was an English actress from the olden days.

Durango said...

Betty Jo, I have heard of English actress Hermione Gingold before, but not this Hermine Gingold dame of whom you speak.

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

You are correct....as usual.

Durango said...

Betty Jo, I had no idea I was usually correct.