Friday, May 9, 2008

Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal Video

I was in Arlington early yesterday morning. I had my video camera with me. I was near the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium. I saw construction workers on the roof. It looked dangerous. I could not see how they were tethered to prevent a fall. I'm sure they were, but I could see no ropes attached to the workers.

A couple days ago I blogged about Jerry Jones' latest attempts to boot people out of their homes, for a parking lot, and that this time the City of Arlington is not going along as his co-conspirator in abusing the concept of eminent domain to attain private property for the public good.

I was able to find the location of the houses surrounded by Jerry Jones' new parking lot. I wanted to take a photo to illustrate those unlucky people's plight. But, that opportunity did not present itself. I think more newly acquired houses need to be bulldozed before the holdouts are in an Island of Parking Lots in the latest chapter of the worst abuse of eminent domain in American history.

The photo you see above is from the south side of the new stadium, with one of the few apartment complexes in the stadium zone still standing after Jerry Jones' Blitzkrieg of Bulldozers leveled all its neighbors.

Below is a video I made yesterday. In it you can see those workers on the roof I mentioned above. And you'll see some of what used to sit on the land the stadium now squats on.

No comments: