Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Thunderstorming On Terrible Tuesday Tornado 45th Anniversary


The view is stormy, looking north from one of my living room windows, on this second Wednesday of the 2024 version of April.

Lightning is striking, thunder is booming, wind is blowing, rain is downpouring.

I shall stay dry inside today. I don't even think I will try to venture out in it to drive to Walmart for some salubrious indoor fast walking. I'll just try and get by today without my regular endorphin fix.

Today is the 45th anniversary of the deadliest tornado to twist its way through Wichita Falls.


I learned this when I clicked on this morning's edition of the Wichita Falls Times-Record News, That would make the above a screen cap from today's local newspaper.

The tornado known locally as Terrible Tuesday struck on April 10, 1979.

My current abode is a short distance south of the path of that tornado.

I have seen three tornadoes since I have been in Texas. All have looked like the above photo of the Terrible Tuesday tornado. I have never seen the stereotypical twister type tornado.

No comments: