Saturday, April 6, 2024

Bronto & Rex In Dinosaur Valley Are Ready For Monday's Solar Eclipse


I saw that which you see here, on Facebook, via the Texas Parks and Wildlife page, this first Saturday of the 2024 version of March.

Dinosaur Valley State Park is one of the best parks I have visited in Texas.

Miles of hiking and mountain biking trails.

 A river to cool off in.

Dinosaur tracks.

And two full-size dinosaurs, Bronto and Rex, who you see above.

Apparently, one needs a reservation to get into the park on Monday, April 8, to view the solar eclipse.

If the photos are accurate, Bronto and Rex are already fitted with eclipse viewing eyewear.

My eclipse viewing eyewear, from Amazon, arrived yesterday.

I have not yet decided where I am going to go to experience the eclipse. Definitely not Lucy Park. Too many trees. Most likely I will opt to go to Lake Wichita Park. 

Downtown Wichita Falls is having an eclipse viewing party at a park near one of the town's few semi-skyscrapers. One would think tall buildings might block the view of the sun.

No comments: