Friday, April 5, 2024

Snake Danger In Texas Toilets


I saw that which you see here on the front page of the online version of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Apparently there is a danger of snakes coming out of ones toilet bowl.

I can't imagine how such could possibly happen, or that it actually has ever happened.

But, such must have happened, or why would the Star-Telegram issue such a warning?

Snakes are just about my least favorite member of the animal kingdom.

Since I have been in Texas I have had many snake encounters.

Thrice coming upon copperheads whilst biking and roller blading in Arlington's River Legacy Park. A cottonmouth encounter in Arlington's Village Creek Natural Historical Area. Big snakes of unknown type at other locations, including Gateway Park and the Tandy Hills in Fort Worth.

And two rattlesnake encounters on the DORBA mountain bike trail in Cedar Hills State Park in Dallas.

The Dallas rattlesnake encounters were in the wild. But, the most rattlesnake encounters I have encountered happened at the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup, where I say hundreds of rattlenakes, rounded up, waiting to be milked and butchered.

The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup may be the weirdest event I have ever been to.

And now, til the arrival of winter, I must add checking my toilets for snakes to my to do list...


No comments: