Monday, April 8, 2024

Remembering Jason & Joey At Lake Grapevine


That which you see above showed up in my Microsoft OneDrive Memories from this Day, this morning.

I do not remember if this memory actually happened in April. But, I think the year was 2005.

FNJ1 and FNJ2, also known as Favorite Nephews Jason and Joey, had been on a cruise with their then girlfriends. I think, if I remember right, the cruise launched from Florida.

Jason and Joey's mom, my Favorite Ex-Sister-in-Law, Cindy, had told me the boys would be landing at DFW with a couple hour layover before continuing on the journey back to Washington.

Somehow the info was relayed to Jason and Joey that I would be at the airport if they wanted to exit the security zone to see me.

And so they did.

Soon after seeing them, Jason's then girlfriend showed me a ring on her finger. On the cruise Jason had made a marriage proposition. In April of 2006 I was in Washington for the wedding. Jason's future wife and mother of Spencer Jack's name is Jenny.

I forget Joey's girlfriend's name. I know it was not Monique, who became Joey's wife and mother of Hank Frank many years later.

Jason and Joey had not been to Texas previously. I coaxed the quartet to follow me to my vehicle, then I drove them out of the airport to Lake Grapevine, which is where the above photo was taken. I think I used a self timer to take the picture.

And then it was back to the airport, because Jason was getting a bit antsy about making sure they got back in time...

No comments: