Sunday, April 7, 2024

Fully Prepared Ready To Be Almost Totally Eclipsed


Eclipse viewing glasses arrived from Amazon on Friday. Which would make that me modeling a pair of the eclipse viewing glasses superimposed on a graphic showing how close Wichita Falls is to the total solar eclipse.

Apparently, I am in the 95% of total coverage zone. 

The eclipsing begins sometime after 1 tomorrow afternoon. The total eclipse only lasts a couple minutes, but the entire eclipsing from start to when the moon finally relents and lets the sun go back to full shine mode, is a couple hours.

At least, that is my understanding of how this epic event will unfold.

I have decided I am not driving anywhere tomorrow to view the eclipse. I am just going to walk the short distance to the Circle Trail and find a bench to sit on as my observation platform.

No comments: