Friday, December 15, 2023

With Theo & Ruby & Mama Michele In Disneyland


Last night a new Where in the World email arrived in my inbox. With the subject line being "Where in the World Part 2."

I knew the twins were going to Disneyland, again, part of their happy birthday week, with Theo and Ruby's birthday being next Sunday, December 17, the day they become teenagers.

The photos which came in the email had one-line descriptive text, above all the photos, which had me guessing what text matched which photo.

The text matching the above photo was easy to discern...

"Pit stop between soccer camp and Disneyland."


I knew Ruby was in Southern California to attend some sort of soccer camp. I do not know if Theo also went to this soccer camp.

The text I think I correctly matched with the above photo...

"Inside Millenium Falcon ride."


There was no text which seemed to match the above photo, but I think I can guess that the trio is standing in front of the Millenium Falcon, in the Star Wars section of Disneyland.


This is the only one of the photos I thought must maybe match the following text...

"On a spinning car of the Ferris wheel. Only ride I’ve ever been in where they provide barf bags. It’s something."


In this photo I think the twins have left Disneyland and are in Disney California. The following is the only text I thought might match this photo...

"Radiator Springs. Amazing ride based on the Cars movies."


I am fairly certain the above photo is also from Disney California, with the following text explaining what I maybe be looking at...

"Backside of the Grizzly River raft ride."

Two lines of text I could not figure out matched any photo, those text lines being "After riding Grizzly River 3 times in a row" and "Big Thunder."

It has been almost three decades since I have been to Disneyland. Christmas day of 1994. That was a fun day, but exhausting, staying in the park til closing time.

No comments: