Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Tuesday Walkaround Sikes Lake With Colorful Cypress Tree


It was back to Sikes Lake I ventured on this first Tuesday of the last month of 2023.

I believe that colorfully colored tree, you see above, with two geese floating on the lake, is a Cypress tree.

I'm not much of a botanist, but I think I am correct in thinking this is a Cypress.

A couple days ago, at Lucy Park, I saw multiple instances of this colorful Cypress fall foliage. 

Cypress trees come in many variations, with many having needle-like, evergreen foliage and seed cones. The needle-like, evergreen foliage falls off, eventually, unlike other Coniferous trees. The Cypress behaves more like a Deciduous tree.

Today is being yet one more pleasantly temperatured North Texas December day, warmed into the 60s.

No comments: