Thursday, December 21, 2023

Welcome To 2023's Start Of Winter In Texas


That which you see above showed up in my email this morning, from the Friends of the Tandy Hills.

A Winter Solstice Greeting.

Hiking the Tandy Hills, year-round, is one of the few things I regularly did in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that I miss.

The only hill hiking available at my current location is hiking to the summit of Mount Wichita, which is a big pile of dried-up mud, dredged years ago from Sikes Lake.

Another thing I miss from D/FW, that is not available at my current location, is Asian grocery stores. Arlington has several of those, which I frequented frequently, able always to get any ingredient I wanted or needed.

The inability of getting needed ingredients came up yesterday when I saw a recipe for something called Singapore Noodles. The photo of the Singapore Noodles made Singapore Noodles look really tasty. However, the recipe had several items I can not get here, starting with the noodles needed.

I have not been to D/FW since prior to COVID. Maybe I should go on a long drive and get me some special Asian noodles, among other things...

No comments: