Sunday, November 19, 2023

Microsoft OneDrive Has Me Remembering Fetching An Ostrich Egg With Miss Puerto Rico


Second day in a row a Microsoft OneDrive memory showed up in my email, with me remembering what one of the memories was remembering.

That being the one you see above.

This memory did not take place in November. It was February 16, 2016. I was driving Miss Puerto Rico to the airport to fly to her home island.

I knew I was taking a backroads route to the airport. I thought Miss Puerto Rico would get fussy as soon as I did not get on the freeway, and instead headed east on Randol Mill Road. That road soon leads to farm country, with cows and other such things.

Miss Puerto Rico had lived at the same location as me, way longer, yet she had never been down this road before.

I expected Miss Puerto Rico to get fully animated when I stopped at a mailbox by a sprawling ranch, opened it and pulled out a large egg.

Shortly thereafter Miss Puerto Rico took the photo of me holding the ostrich egg.

Eventually Miss Puerto Rico asked how I knew there would be an egg in that mailbox.

I said I got a text message from Mary K, that morning, telling me there would be an egg in the mailbox.

Miss Puerto Rico asked no further questions. She was not an inquisitive sort...

No comments: