Monday, November 6, 2023

At Lake Wichita Park Seeing Mount Wichita Is Getting A New Parking Lot


It was to Lake Wichita Park I ventured this first Monday of the 2023 version of November, for some extremely windy fast paced walking, with the temperature in the low 80s.

I did not climb to the summit of Mount Wichita today. I was concerned a gust of wind might send me flying.


I was curious to see if the recent rain had raised the water level of Lake Wichita. It looked like the water level is a bit higher than when last at this location a couple weeks ago.

Ever since my first visit to this Lake Wichita location, years ago, I have opined that the entry road and parking lot was in dire need of an upgrade, due to it being one of the most bumpy potholed locations I have ever rolled my wheels on.

A few months ago I read that the parking lot and entry road were going to be paved. 

Well, that project is now well underway. I had to find an alternative parking location.

The current return to summer-like weather conditions is not scheduled to last long.

Cold returns in a couple days...

No comments: