Friday, November 10, 2023

Wichita Falls Veterans Day With Flags & Santas


A couple days ago I was driving south on Hamilton Boulevard in the Beverly Hills of Wichita Falls, and was surprised to see a HUGE Christmas display already on display.

So, today I drove to Hamilton Park to park and walked to that aforementioned early Christmas display for photo documenting purposes.

I would hazard to guess that this Christmas display in in the running to win this year's coveted Griswold Award.

That photo above was taken from across the street, trying to capture the entire scene, but there was more to see to both the left and right in the photo.

I crossed the street, to the sidewalk, to take a closer photo, which captured way less than the above photo.


Flags were planted in the ground, everywhere I drove this day before Veterans Day, which for some reason is officially somehow on November 10, this year, not November 11.

My wall calendar has both today and tomorrow being Veterans Day.

For today my wall calendar says...

Veterans Day observed (US)

For tomorrow my wall calendar says...

Veterans Day (US)
Remembrance Day (AU, CA, NZ)
Armistice (BE, FR)


No comments: