Sunday, November 26, 2023

Cool Sunday In Lucy Park


It was back to the Lucy Park backwoods jungle I ventured on this frigid final Sunday of November, for some well insulated nature communing.

The temperature went below freezing last night. How low below, I do not know.

That is a pile of debris from a windstorm a couple months ago, you see in the photo, waiting for a lightning bolt to strike the pile to make a big bonfire.

Yesterday I made it through an entire football game. That rarely happens. I did hit the pause button at halftime to go to Walmart, and then quickly got back live upon my return, fast forwarding through commercials.

It was the Apple Cup I was watching. The annual final game of the season, between the University of Washington and Washington State University. This has been a thing since way back at the start of the previous century.

The Apple Cup alternates where the game is played, one year in Seattle, one year in Pullman. 

This year the Apple Cup was played in Seattle on a bright clear blue sky day. So, you could see the mountains to the east. And all the boats on Lake Washington.

A lot of boats float outside Husky stadium on a game day. A big floating party called sailgating.

The Seattle Seahawks are scheduled to get beat by the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday. It is the Thursday night game on Amazon Prime. I suspect I will be able to watch that game via local broadcast, what with being in the Dallas zone. Or watch it on Prime.

Or watch the bizarre spectacle of a Fox debate monitored by the inanity named Hannity, with Ron DeSantis debate Gavin Newsom. A red state/blue state debate. I suspect DeSantis will not do well in this debate.

No comments: