Sunday, December 8, 2019

Missing Tacoma Amazon Package With Erroneous Package From Akron

Yesterday, with that day being the one known as Saturday, I checked to see if anything was in my mailbox, and found a key which opened a bigger mailbox in which I found that which you see here.

I looked at the label to see who it was who sent this to me to see a name, Brenda K, from Akron, Ohio, with the recipient being Cary C, at my specific address.

I know no Brenda K, and there is no Cary C at my address, so this package was not for me. I could see this was an Ebay thing, with Brenda trying to send something to Cary, which went awry somehow, into my mailbox.

Minutes after I returned to my abode I texted my Tacoma sibling to thank her for the card, with photos of David, Theo and Ruby, I had received the day before. I blogged about that card and photos in Happy December Thanksgiving From Tacoma.

Seconds later a text came back asking "Did you happen to get a package as well?"

This seemed just a tad spooky, asking me this minutes after getting the erroneous package from Ohio.

Turns out this was nothing but a coincidence. My sister had nothing to do with the package from Ohio. Apparently the package my sister was asking about was sent via Amazon and Amazon had indicated to my sister that the package had been delivered last Wednesday.

Later last night, as I found myself wondering what my sister was sending me, I remembered one of the text messages telling me it was a large package, the size of multiple shoe boxes.

Last month I had lamented with my sister about never having mom's Christmas cookies again, particularly the almond paste based versions.

My sister then told me she had a supply of almond paste along with mom's recipes, and that when I am in Tacoma next summer perhaps we could try and replicate mom's baking.

So, last night a momentary light bulb came on in my imagination and I thought, oh, it must be Christmas cookies that is stuck in mailing limbo.

And then I remembered the missing package was from Amazon, not a Tacoma kitchen.

So, the mystery continues...

No comments: