Thursday, April 4, 2013

A SAD Cold Walk With Village Creek Indian Ghosts

I am not liking this return to winter in North Texas.

The outer world was chilled to 47 when I went swimming this morning. Now, a couple hours past noon, we've gotten even closer to freezing, at 45 degrees.

It would be normal to be running the air conditioner at this point in time in the year, but instead I've got my furnace running and logs burning in the fireplace.

The norm in North Texas is for the outer world to be being colorful in April. Instead, only a few wildflowers have managed to bloom.

I tried to cheer myself up from this sudden SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) bout by walking with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area, before doing some more walking at my neighborhood Walmart Supercenter.

The Village Creek Blue Bayou had a long necked big white bird visiting today. From a distance away, so as not to spook the easily spooked long necked big white bird, I zoomed in to take the picture you see above.

This return to seasonally abnormal frigidity likely has the Village Creek turtles confused and traumatized. The last time I saw the Village Creek turtles they were having themselves a really fine time basking under the hot sun.

I don't know if it is the winter weather, the high pollen level or a virus, but something has me sneezing with alarming regularity.

I'd like to fly to some place warmer, but the way I'm feeling, right now, there is no way I feel like getting on an airplane. I hear South Padre Island is warm. And there are dolphins....

2 comments:

MLK said...

I've had SAD for ten years, less the week I spend in Fort Worth every year.

Durango said...

MLK, I was SAD the entire month I was in Tacoma, summer of 2008, July 20 through August 20. So cold. Landing in Dallas, at Love Field, on August 20, with lightning striking and finally back where I was not constantly shivering, for various reasons, made my inner lizard very happy.