Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hitting A HOT 106 In Texas Straining My A/C & Making Me Sneeze

As you can see, it is past 6pm and 104 degrees, with a HEAT INDEX of 107, currently, in my HOT zone of Texas.

I'd turned my weather monitor off this afternoon, due to not wanting to hear its relentless weather warning chirping.

So, I did not know we'd hit 106 today, before cooling off to the relatively chillier 104.

A 20% chance of showers is in the forecast for tomorrow, which pretty much means there is a bat's chance in hell that we'll see any cooling rain on Friday.

I hope I am wrong.

I think the HEAT is wreaking havoc with my computer. It misbehaved almost all day today. At one point I thought, and still do, that it was the Flock browser causing the problem.

So, I switched to Google Chrome, which is what I am using right now. I don't have some of my saved websites on Chrome, which becomes a problem, like when Elsie Hotpepper asked me to do something, with the Hotpepper info in Flock. So, I had to temporarily kill Chrome and bring Flock back to life, in order to do Elsie's bidding. A real slight sacrifice to make a Hotpepper happy. And I'm all about making Hotpepper's happy in these troubled times.

The A/C cycling off and on, in this searing HEAT, causes me to erupt in these instantaneous explosive sneezes that I fear may put my back out or knock me out of my computer chair. Or both.

I used to live in a gentler climate. At times I long for those days. And then I come to my senses.

5 comments:

Steve A said...

Golly, it's HOT over there! It didn't get above 105 at FW Alliance Airport. I didn't have problems with my A/C cycling because I was just cycling home from work...

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

Well I was sweating my head off in the 81 degree weather shoveling beauty bark today. Another gal (much smaller than me) and I shoveled 5 yards of bark. I almost died. We worked from 9:30 until 1:30. The yard looks really nice though.

Durango said...

Betty Jo, my A/C is set at 83.

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

Well then turn it down or move to Washington to cool off.

Durango said...

Betty Jo, if I turn the A/C cooler I'll get cold and have to put clothes on.