Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Stars Are Not Twinkling & The Moon Looks Orange This 3rd Day Of August In HOT Texas

I slept in this morning, til slightly past 5, unlike yesterday when I got up slightly before 3.

When I stepped outside and looked skyward I saw no stars twinkling at me. I know there are no clouds, I don't know why there was no twinkling.

You are looking at the star-free early morning view out on my patio, from just a few minutes ago.

I suspect the lack of stars twinkling may be related to something the National Weather Service was being alarmist about yesterday, that being air pollution and a Level Orange Air Pollution Alert.

Though the stars do not seem to be twinkling this morning, a piece of the moon was, twinkling with a slight shade of orange. Is this where calling the bad air pollution "Level Orange" comes from? There does seem to be an orangish tint to the horizon when the air pollution here goes into alert mode.

The sun has yet to show up and it's already 80. It is going to be another HOT one today in the Fort named Worth.

No comments: