Friday, August 13, 2010

14th Day In A Row Over 100 Hiking With Decapitated Tandy Hills Prickly Pear Cactus

You are looking at a patch of decapitated Prickly Pear Cactus, sliced off by a mad mower on the Tandy Hills. I don't know what provoked this act of destruction. No crime scene tape was seen on the scene.

I was on the hills hiking before the temperature went over the 100 degree mark, making this Friday the 13th the 14th day in a row we have gone over 100 in North Texas.

My pool is no longer all that refreshing. I like a jolt of cold in my swimming water. I don't like the sensation that feels like swimming in a big pool of hot sweat.

There was a slight breeze blowing on the Tandy Hills today. This made the HEAT tolerable. Somewhat.

Betty Jo Bouvier, the Wild Woman of Woolley, is braving Washington's 90 degree scorcher today to go to the Skagit County Fair to imbibe in the Homebrew Competition.

The State Fair of Texas, in Dallas, starts up next month, I think. How come there is no Homebrew Competition at the Texas State Fair? It's not in a dry zone.

A Seattle Space Needle like tower is to be added to Fair Park, that being the location of the State Fair of Texas. I don't think I've been to the Fair Park zone of Dallas since my mom and dad were here the first week of 2009. For all I know Fair Park's Space Needle like tower is ready to open for the upcoming fair. But I suspect not.

I did not HEAT up too excessively with my hill hiking today. But, I did head for the Town Talk cooler afterwards for some refreshing frigidity.

No comments: