Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Queen Of Wink Gets Winded & Pneumonia While Gar The Texan Has An Attack Of The Vapors

I'm finding out all sorts of surprisng things this morning.

Number 1, the Queen of Wink is ailing with a case of pneumonia, that she may have already contracted when she was a Wild Woman last Saturday on the Tandy Hills.

I was also surprised to learn that at some point on the Tandy Hills the Queen apparently got totally winded, but kept it to herself lest she be thought less of a Wild Woman, or a wimp coming down with a case of the Gar the Texan-like vapors.

The getting winded thing really surprises me because we really weren't hiking all that fast and the hills really aren't all that steep, albeit we were going fast enough and steep enough that it likely would have triggered a vapors attack in Gar the Texan. But the Queen of Wink appears to be in excellent shape. It's very perplexing.

Speaking of Gar the Texan, this morning I was surprised to learn he believes I have a reading comprehension problem and should seek therapy for this ailment. And to quit being so mean to him. Gar the Texan expressed this slightly more colorfully. I can't imagine why he thought I was being mean. I thought I was being helpful, explaining to him how the American political system works.

I did not go outside yesterday, except for a brief time, delivering a print out of Miss Puerto Rico's travel itinerary to her. It is almost balmy out there right now, 5 degrees above freezing. But I can't go on a hike til later in the afternoon. I have to head up to Southlake at noon.

I am rapidly gaining weight due to all this sloth. I think I crossed over 200 pounds a couple days ago. I walk with a waddle, my beer gut makes my back ache. I'm a mess. I'll try and have myself back to normal by tomorrow. Or the day after.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

It was so lovely outside today, that I'm really despising having the knowledge of below freezing temps descending upon us until Saturday! Against doc's orders, I conducted my last class of the day...outdoors on the side walk. We discussed War of the Worlds vocabulary, used the words in sentences and felt the tantalizing sun warming our shoulders...it was truly a wonderful afternoon. Some of my boys were in hog heaven and one of them made this comment, "Miss, today it felt as if I were in a real school and not behind this barbed wire." That's when I remember why I'm here. :)

Durango said...

What have these Texas boys done that has them behind barbed wire fence? Can't they fence them in in a less brutal way?