Monday, January 4, 2010

The Beach Street Gateway Park Trinity River Water Stealing Is Now On Steroids

A week or two ago I mentioned seeing a backhoe working in an area that had previously held a diesel pump sucking water from the Trinity River and making a big, rutted, muddy mess in the process.

When I saw the backhoe I thought maybe it was fixing the mess. As I so often am, a couple days later, upon closer inspection, showed me I was wrong. Instead more damage was done, in what looked to me to be preparation for a bigger water thieving operation.

And today I found out that, on that, I was right. A much bigger water thieving operation is being installed.

This time, with at least 3 large pumps and a lot of very thick metal pipe to move a lot of Trinity River water. That is a lot of pipeline leading down to the river's edge.

This was quite an operation, with trucks carrying pipeline lined up, waiting for their turn to rut up the Trinity River levee.

Above you are looking east at one of the truck trailer loads of pipe being delivered, with the installation crew on the left. That is the foot/bike bridge that crosses from the Trinity Trails into Gateway Park in the background.

I saw no permit posted, anywhere where these vehicles were driving, where "NO VEHICLES" signs are posted. A few days ago I learned that a permit is required any time surface water is taken in Texas, with the permits issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Above is a closer look at the, what I believe, is a criminal activity, that is a product of the racketeering that is going on in Fort Worth, with a corrupted city government permitting gas drillers to steal water from the Trinity River, due to the powers that be, in the Fort Worth City Government, being on what is commonly called "the take." With Fort Worth's Conflicts of Interest-laden, law breaking, ethically challenged, morally bankrupt Mayor Moncrief, the top crook on the take, to the tune of over $600,000 a year.

I'm trying to amp up my stridency on this issue, due to the fact that no one has corrected me if I am wrong. As in have permits been issued to take this water? If they have, how much do the permits cost? How much is being paid for the water that is being taken? How is it being regulated? If Moncrief is not violating the Conflicts of Interest laws would someone please explain to me how that can be?

Above you are looking at 3 of the diesel pumps which I believe will soon be put to work breaking the law and stealing Trinity River water, used for the purpose of further enriching Fort Worth's corrupt mayor and others on the take in Fort Worth's elaborate racketeering scheme that is raking in millions while poking thousands of holes in Texas, while making thousands of Texas citizens mad as hell and not wanting to take it anymore.

Above you are looking west at the diesel pumps and the bridge that leads to Gateway Park. The river is behind me. These pipes are a huge magnitude bigger than the first pipeline that stole water from this location. That pipeline was pretty much an oversized garden hose compared to these pipes.

Can anyone explain to me why this is being allowed? How does one make a citizen's arrest? Does anyone know if Mayor Mike Moncrief packs heat?

I thought Texans took serious, horse thieving and water stealing in these parts, where the west sort of began. It is just one more thing I've been wrong about.

6 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Wow! How quickly things escalate in Ft Worth...those trucks and pumps and pipes were not there on Saturday! Why won't anyone answer your questions? I'm perplexed.

Durango said...

CT2---
I'm perplexed too. I forgot to mention I was perplexed. I guess that was a given. I was a bit surprised to see all that going on where all was peaceful when we saw it on Saturday. That is going to be noisy with 3 pumps pumping.

Don Young said...

The fact is, the Tarrant Regional Water District manages the Trinity River in T. County. They are selling the water to drillers. I suppose the money goes to the county coffers to pay for, who knows what.

The same thing will go on at every gas well in TC for the next 100 years or until the gas and or water is all gone. When a river isn't handy they use water hydrants and pay whatever city the hydrant is in.

It's legal but... that's 4-5 million gallons of clean water that will be polluted and must be shoved down a hole or illegally dumped someplace, maybe in Wink. Thus, you see the giant tanker trucks running up and down the freeway picking up or delivering the tainted water.

Durango said...

I thought that Texas Commission on Environmental Quality had to issue the permits to take surface water? Are they just ignoring what the Tarrant Regional Water District is doing to the Trinity River?

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Well, Don...I wouldn't be surprised if Wink is the tainted waters final destination. At one time the original Wink Sink contained water that was very blue, but if you look at it today...brackish black. The first sink is guarded by gas & oil companies, while the second sits on land owned by the county...the water in the second hole is a pretty turquoise color.

Don Young said...

This is your chance to call the TCEQ Hotline and find out:

http://fwcando.org/node/311