Saturday, October 2, 2010

Late To The Tandy Hills Due To Mom Call & Wrong About State Fair Of Texas Red River Rivalry Crowds

My mom made me late getting to the Tandy Hills Natural Area Sanatorium today for some much needed sanity enhancement.

Yesterday on my way to my aborted (due to a flat tire) bike ride at River Legacy Park I called my mom because I got gas on the way and I always call my mom when I get gas.

My mom did not answer when I called, instead I got my dad's poetic answering machine message. So, I left a message with my important gas and temperature information.

When my mom called this morning she told me she intended to call last night, but an unintended nap diverted that plan. Apparently the Phoenix zone is suffering from the same overheating that Southern California is suffering from. My mom seemed a bit envious when I told her tonight's low here in frigid North Texas is predicted to be 48.

My mom was being amusing today. Apparently, last week my Grand Nephew, Spencer Jack, called my brother, on his birthday, to wish his grandpa a happy birthday. Spencer Jack is 3. Spencer Jack asked my brother how old he was. My brother told him, then Spencer Jack told my brother he was an old man. My brother and my mother believe Spencer Jack's dad, my nephew, programmed Spencer Jack with the "old man" line. Or maybe Spencer Jack is a precocious kid. Precociousness sort of runs in the family.

Betty Jo Bouvier  has not reminded me this week that I need to go visit my mom and dad in Arizona. My mom did the reminding for Betty Jo today. My dad has a rather significant birthday coming up in December. Maybe I will make it to Phoenix for that.

I heard from cd0103, she being my undercover local information source, that I was erroneous in my assumption that today the State Fair of Texas will be a people packed zoo due to the Red River Rivalry football game in the Cotton Bowl. Apparently people stay away from the fair today, assuming erroneously, just like me, that the fair would be way too overcrowded today.

I am going to make another attempt to find an open Fort Worth library this afternoon. And then try and find a bike pump.

No comments: