Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Day After Columbus Day Thinking About McDonald's & The Texas Rangers Winning The World Series

I did not get up as early as yesterday's early start to Columbus Day, but I did get up well before the sun, this post-Columbus Day of October 13.

The sun should be appearing in about 20 minutes, if it has not been delayed.

I'm not a baseball fan, except sometimes. Like the year the hapless Seattle Mariners got in the playoffs. If I remember right I went to one of those games. I think they were playing the New York Yankees. I do remember, whoever the Mariners played, they beat. And that I was in the McDonald's luxury suite in the Kingdome. Being in a luxury suite made watching a baseball game much more tolerable.

I do not foresee getting to watch the Texas Rangers play in the playoffs whilst viewing from a luxury suite at the Ballpark in Arlington. I know no one who here who has a luxury suite. The Texas Rangers beat Tampa Bay last night to win their series. I don't pay close enough attention to know if this means the Texas Rangers are now in the World Series, or if they must win another playoff series to be in the World Series.

I know I could easily find the answer to precisely where the Texas Rangers are in their quest to win the World Series, but that would take at least 30 seconds to find out and right now I am more interested in going swimming.

No comments: