Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why Bother Caring That It Is Yet One More Sunny Day In Texas?

October 26 is starting out as another sunny day in Texas. Sunny does not match my current disposition, which is cranky.

I am in a heavy duty why bother mood.

I thought maybe going swimming would lift my spirits back to a more healthy state of mind.

It didn't

It was in the mid 50s when I hit the cool pool. But the cool pool was not as cool as the air temperature.

I swam for a very long time.

I just heard from Elsie Hotpepper, inquiring about tonight's Gala GASLAND affair. Why would Elsie consult with me as to what she should wear to something? That's just silly.

I learned this morning that Gar the Texan has made it safely back to Texas from his beer-fueled, wobbly jaunt all over Europe. It seems there are large parts of Gar the Texan's jaunt that are not well remembered, but documented with cell phone photos.

I must try and do something constructive now, but I don't know if I can, because to do so I'll need to be past this "Why Bother?" mood I am in.

1 comment:

Gar said...

"Large parts" is a bit over stated. There are some parts. But aren't all of our best memories a precursor to forgotten ones? And the memories I have are quite fond ones.
Leading up to that ever-foreboding "one shot too many".