Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Delivering A Puerto Rican Itinerary While Trying To Nap & Eat A Ruby Red Grapefruit From South Texas

You are looking at the Wednesday afternoon northerly view from Miss Puerto Rico's. I have returned from delivering a printout of the itinerary of the trip to Puerto Rico, which will be several hours under way, a week from today.

I am not providing airport shuttle service. Other arrangements must be made.

I was up a bit early today again. I am constitutionally unable to take naps. For the most part. This afternoon I did have a nap impulse, but nothing came of it.

Around noon I had to be up in Southlake, so, since I was in the neighborhood, I dropped in on Sprouts Farmers Market and got 30 Ruby Red Grapefruit, among other good stuff.

Ruby Red Grapefruit comes from down in the South Texas Plains Rio Grande River Valley citrus growing zone. When you're down in the McAllen zone you can visit Eggers Acres and pick some Ruby Red Grapefruit. The Eggers Family runs a citrus market at the location where their grandpa developed the Ruby Red Grapefruit.

I had myself one of my newly acquired South Texas grown Ruby Red Grapefruit for lunch, along with a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza, BBQed Chicken and Broccoli. The Ruby Reds are one deep red-colored grapefruit. They are sweet enough that no additional sweetening is required. At least for me. I am not a fan of sweet things.

No comments: