Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aches & Pains Caused By Texas Wild Women

Yesterday's Tandy Hills hike with all those Wild Women and Manly Men really did me in.

As in this morning just about everything that could possibly be sore, is.

That Queen of Wink was the Wildest of the Wild Women. Trying to keep up with her is what I think did me in.

I read an article a couple days ago about how some sports trainers treat muscle aches with ice therapy.

So, I tried that this morning and forced myself to try and stay in the pool for what might be a therapeutic amount of time. I think I remember 45 minutes was the amount of time it took this therapy to work. I lasted about 5 minutes and then went running to the hot tub.

After a couple cycles out of the hot tub and back in the pool my aching body was aching less. Or maybe I'd just numbed the pain. My therapist, Dr. L.C., has gone missing, right when I'm such a mess.

No comments: