Friday, September 4, 2009

Noisy Thunderstorming & Gas Drillers In Fort Worth

As you can clearly see, last night's extremely long lightning storm totally zapped me, aging me greatly overnight.

Ever since late July, when I eye-witnessed a lightning strike starting a fire in a heavy downpour, I have grown more concerned when a big storm pops up, particularly when the lightning strikes are simultaneous with the concussive thunder boom.

Last night there were 3 directly overhead strikes. I lay in bed waiting to smell smoke or hear the fire alarm go off.

This morning I did not feel like wading through the lake that formed overnight between me and the swimming pool, so I didn't.

It was cold last night, in the low 60s, so the windows are open, with no A/C. I do not remember being able to have the windows open so much in summer before here. I read today that Global Warming has the Arctic its hottest in over 2000 years. Why are we not warmer here in HOT Texas?

With the windows open I am hearing some high pitched metallic squealing coming from the Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale Natural Gas Drilling site across the street. I thought that type noise coming from there ended a long time ago. I will not be shocked, when I step outside today, to see that a drilling tower has popped up overnight. I hate it when that happens. There it goes again.

More storms are expected today, tonight and tomorrow. I know a pretty young lady in Haltom City who gets very worried when the weather here takes a turn for the worse. She had a rough night of monitoring possible lethal creek flooding.

No comments: