Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christmas in Texas, Part II

I'd forgotten til I searched that I'd blogged about my aversion to Christmas already. Another indicator of my not so good memory.

The last several years I've gone to Miss Puerto Rico's company Christmas Party. Those have been fun. Except for last year. The previous years were at this place called Austin Ranch up by Lake Grapevine. Sort of a Dude Ranch. It is a cowboy themed place, big bar, unlimited booze, dance floor, music, gambling and a lot of food.

Then last year it was at this awful place called Dave & Buster's, sort of like a poor man's Gameworks. It was crowded. There was no music. No dancing. No gambling. No unlimited booze. But the food was good.

This year I figured I wasn't going to Miss Puerto Rico's Christmas party due to her being in Puerto Rico at the time.

But a couple days ago I was in Miss Puerto Rico's office and I popped in to say howdy to her boss who had been gone for a month. Her boss said howdy, then told me the Christmas Party is December 5. I said Miss Puerto Rico is gonna be on the island then. Miss Puerto Rico's boss then said I had to go with her, that the party wouldn't be the same without me. I then said, yippee, I have a date for the Christmas Party. This should be fun, Miss Puerto Rico's boss is very amusing.

As for the actual Christmas, one of those holidays I generally dread, due partly to my inability to comprehend why people go to such a fuss. This year I think I'll drive to Phoenix, unannounced, and surprise my mom and dad and sister. And my brother. I'll stay in a motel so as to not inconvenience anyone with my slovenly ways and bad habits.

You in Texas who are looking for a fun Texas Christmas thing to go to, go here to a webpage I made, not due to my love of the holiday. I had ulterior purposes.

No comments: