Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bone Daddy's House of Smoke

Who wants to go up to Grapevine for lunch today at Bone Daddy's House of Smoke? I've driven past Bone Daddy's twice in the past month. Judging just by the outside, Bone Daddy's looks to be an interesting restaurant. I like the theme-parkish look of Bone Daddy's.

Obviously Bone Daddy's is a BBQ joint. Ironically, I think I've only been in one BBQ joint since I've been in Texas, that being multiple times to Riscky's BBQ, both in the Fort Worth Stockyards and downtown. Oh, I forgot Up 'n Smoke in Keller. I guess it wasn't very memorable.

I have had BBQ up in Oklahoma, but that's not Texas BBQ. The OK one was called World Famous Bob's Barbecue. I don't know what made Bob's World Famous. It was in the little Okie town of Ada. All I remember about Bob's was the fries were cold.

Bone Daddy's House of Smoke has a good website. I've learned you can't judge a restaurant by its website, though a good website is a pretty good indicator of the quality of the restaurant. Zorro's Buffet has a real bad website, but Zorro's Buffet is real good.

I see if you Google for "zorros buffet fort worth" my bloggings about it now come in #1, several places ahead of Zorro's Buffet's website, which should tell Zorro's they need someone to fix their website. I'm available. I'd fix it for them for no money. Just give me an anytime pass to Zorro's and I'll make their website Google ahead of my blog.

In the meantime, I'll see you around noon at Bone Daddy's.

3 comments:

Deby said...

Did you go and did you have any takers? I heard it was mostly a 'mens' type of restaurant, even more so than Hooters. What did you think?

Durango said...

I didn't go and I didn't have any takers. Darn. On the Bone Daddy's website there is a send a postcard option. Part of that is you pick a photo. I figured the photos would be on the restaurant. Or food. But instead it was dozens upon dozens upon dozens of young women to choose from. So, I get what you're saying about Hooters. But judging by Bone Daddy'a appearance and the menu, I'm thinking it isn't a tacky place like Hooters.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?