Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunny Sunday Sunflower In Lucy Park With No Snakes Or Alligators


It was back to Lucy Park I ventured on this first Sunday of the 2022 version of September. I soon came upon a patch of sunflowers which matched my sunny disposition on this day before Labor Day and the unofficial end of Summer.

The sunflower posed motionless for me, due to the dead calm at the moment I took the picture. There was an occasional wind blowing, and some sun blocking by passing clouds, which made the temperature somewhere in the 80s feel quite pleasant. 


It was the Lucy Park backwoods jungle I walked today. The recent rain has caused the jungle grass to grow taller than me.

My last visit to Lucy Park I crossed the Wichita River, via the suspension bridge, and had an alligator encounter in Alligator Alley on the Wee-Chi-Tah mountain bike trail. 

Alligators are not allowed in Lucy Park.

But snakes are allowed. As are small lizards.

It was in the backwoods jungle area of Lucy Park where I had an encounter with the biggest snake I have seen in Texas. At least six feet long, and thick. No clue what type snake this was.

That encounter was several years ago. I do not think I have seen a snake since seeing that big one.

I do not like snakes. Or alligators...

No comments: