Monday, June 6, 2022

Cruising To Alaska With Sedro Woolley's Beth C


I saw that which you see here, yesterday, on Facebook, in a posting by Miss Beth C of Sedro Woolley, taking a pre-boarding photo of the little boat she is cruising to Alaskan on.

I do not know if the Miss Beth cruise is cruising out of Seattle or Vancouver.

I suspect it is likely Seattle, but, the dock doesn't look right to me. Well, doesn't look right for either Seattle or Vancouver.

Then again, it has been years since I have seen either Seattle's or Vancouver's docks.

I don't know if it is back easy to cross the border in to Canada. COVID shut the border way back when that nightmare began.

Cruising to Alaska from Seattle is something which began happening after I moved to Texas.

I did not see the cruise ships with my own eyes til August of 2008 when I spent a Thursday in downtown Seattle. If I remember right there were two cruise ships in Elliott Bay on that Thursday in August. 

I don't know if it was the cruise ships causing it, or it was just a normal busy day during tourist season, but it was human gridlock everywhere I went that day in downtown Seattle. Pike Place Market was packed. The waterfront was thick with people. Westlake Center was also packed, as was Pioneer Square, where I spent most of the day.

I made a YouTube video of that August of 2008 visit to downtown Seattle. I shall see if I can find it.

Okay, I found it.

I did not remember that this video does not go to Pike Place, but instead walks through Westlake Center to the bus tunnel to ride back to Pioneer Square. A

s you will see in the video, Seattle buses have a lot of riders on a lot of buses. The buses no longer go through the Seattle bus tunnel.

Trains use it now.

Which seems so odd to me, because I remember when the bus tunnel was first announced its purpose was to get the buses off downtown Seattle streets.

And here is the video....

No comments: