Monday, June 20, 2022

HOT Sikes Lake Fishing On A Federal Juneteenth Holiday


Can you see the four fishermen fishing in Sikes Lake today on this special Juneteenth federal holiday?

I got my outer world exposure an hour earlier than I usually do, hoping to avoid getting overheated in the HOT heat.

It did not work. The heat dome hovering overhead is getting to be a bit oppressive, even though the temperature was nine degrees shy of 100, the humidity made that relatively cool temperature feel way too HOT.

I have often seen fishermen and women fishing in Sikes Lake. I have only seen a fish caught one time. And that was by a fisherwoman.

I did not know, til hearing so on the radio, whilst walking around Sikes Lake, that due to June 19 falling on a Sunday, the Juneteenth federal holiday is today, closing the post office, banks and federal offices.

No comments: