Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Texas Welcome To June With Big Bend National Park


I flipped my National Parks wall calendar to June this morning and saw that which you see here. I thought is this a Grand Canyon National Park photo from down at the Colorado River level of the canyon?

Then I got out my magnifying glass to read the caption at the bottom.

Big Bend National Park in Texas.

Big Texas has only two national parks. Big Bend National Park and Guadalupe Mountains National Park.

I have not been to Big Bend. I have driven by the Guadalupe Mountains.

I would like to visit Big Bend National Park. I have seen photos of excellent hiking trails. It is around 500 miles from my current Texas location to Big Bend National Park.

People seem to be back traveling again. Elsie Hotpepper is currently beaching on the Florida panhandle. I am not quite ready yet to get on a plane. Or go on a long roadtrip....

No comments: