Sunday, April 28, 2024

Another Night Of Heavy Rain Has The Sikes Lake Dam In Waterfall Mode


Last night I was once again awakened from a peaceful slumber by thunder booming, hail hitting my windows and a ferocious wind blowing.

Apparently, several tornadoes touched down in the Wichita Falls area during this storm, with no damage reported so far. These tornadoes must have been outside the city limits, as I heard no tornado sirens blaring.

There is no missing the tornado sirens. They are like a regular siren on extra loud steroids.

It was to Sikes Lake I ventured for some salubrious nature communing on this final Sunday of the 2024 version of April. The sky is still cloudy, but those clouds do not look to be threatening rain or lightning.

As I neared the Sikes Lake dam I could hear the peaceful sound of water loudly falling. As you can see copious amounts of water is spilling over the spillway.

Due to the rain, and the semi-HOT temperature, humidity is high. I am not a fan of high humidity...

No comments: