Friday, March 15, 2013

A Melancholy Walk With Indian Ghosts A Year Since My Last McDonald's Double Fish Sandwich

Shortly before noon, before leaving for my daily scheduled bout of endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation, I got email with news that made it seem like today was a good day to go for a walk with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area in Arlington.

As you can see in the picture of the VCNHA paved trail, green is starting to appear in the outer world at my location. Spring is less than a week away, with the Vernal Equinox currently scheduled for next Wednesday, March 20.

Soon green and other colors will be sprouting in jungle abundance in North Texas.

Speaking of jungles. Since Monday I have been tasked with checking in on Miss Puerto Rico's elderly cat, Tasha, whilst Miss Puerto Rico is on her home island. Miss Puerto Rico is scheduled to arrive back in D/FW tonight at midnight, at which point my cat-sitting duty comes to an end.

I have been unable to get a clear explanation as to why Miss Puerto Rico flew to Puerto Rico for what amounts to 3 days, what with Monday and Friday being spent in the air. Miss Puerto Rico booked this flight herself, with no help from me, or a travel agent, for the first time. This may explain how she managed to fly out at 3 in the morning and is arriving back at midnight, after a two hour layover in Philadelphia.

A year ago today I was in the air, no actually, by now, I was on the ground, in Phoenix. I think, to be even more exact, at this precise point in time, a year ago, I was in a Phoenix McDonald's having myself a Double Fish Sandwich, with my mom and dad and sister.

My Arizona sister used to be my Middle Sister, with my Little Sister being the sister in Tacoma. I used to have a Big Sister, who some of my siblings, and myself, now refer to as BS, or Sister Non Grata. Well, actually it is just me, as far as I know, who refer to BS as Sister Non Grata.

If it was a year ago today that I flew to Phoenix, that means tomorrow it will be a year since I saw Spencer Jack, his dad and girl friend Brittney.

Time flies.

I've heard time flies particularly fast when one is having fun. I guess I must have way too much fun....

No comments: